Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us> on 2003/11/23 19:15:22 UTC

Re: RSS Feed for RedHat RPMs

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Mike Mason wrote:

> >I'm keeping a simple RSS (2.0) feed for broadcasting when I update RedHat
> >RPMs at the http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/pub/subversion/subversion_news.xml
> >URL.  Evolution mailer and AmphetaDesk are two programs I'm using to read
> >the RSS feed.
> >

> Hi David,
>
> The latest RPMs on that site seem to be for Subversion 0.32.1 -- are
> there forthcoming packages for 0.33.1?

Yes, if I can get apr/apr-util/httpd to build properly then I will produce
new RPMs for 0.33.1.

I ran into problems trying to get those packages to build.  That combined
with an increasingly hectic work schedule has caused delays in getting all
that figured out.   I spent some hours on it a couple of weeks ago with no
luck.

If anyone can help figure out what I'm doing wrong I would greatly
appreciate it.  Changes in apr/apr-util/httpd seem to be causing me some
strange problems I've not figure out yet.

All the packages required to build RPMs for RedHat 7.X, 8.0, 9.0 are at
the http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/repos URL.  I've not yet had a chance to
look at Fedora Core 1.

Patches welcome.  :-)

--
David Wayne Summers          "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware upgrades!"
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us   PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt

Re: RSS Feed for RedHat RPMs

Posted by Chris Croome <ch...@webarchitects.co.uk>.
Hi

On Sun 23-Nov-2003 at 02:03:40PM -0600, Joe Cooper wrote:
> David Summers wrote:
>
> > Yes, if I can get apr/apr-util/httpd to build properly then I will produce
> > new RPMs for 0.33.1.
> >
> > I ran into problems trying to get those packages to build.  That combined
> > with an increasingly hectic work schedule has caused delays in getting all
> > that figured out.   I spent some hours on it a couple of weeks ago with no
> > luck.
> >
> > If anyone can help figure out what I'm doing wrong I would greatly
> > appreciate it.  Changes in apr/apr-util/httpd seem to be causing me some
> > strange problems I've not figure out yet.
>
> If it makes you feel any better, I spent an entire day trying to get
> them all built, and failed...though I had the added wrinkle of needing
> swig-1.3.20 from CVS in the mix.  I ended up sticking with the existing
> packages and installing swig-1.3.20 into /usr/local, until all of the
> apr weirdness has been worked out.  ;-)

Well I've not had any joy either, but I have had one thought --
perhaps it would be worth trying to get in contect with whoever is
packaging Subversion for Fedora, perhaps via the Fedora dev list
[1], and seeing if there is any potential for some coordination or
something...?

Chris

Chris Croome                               <ch...@webarchitects.co.uk>

Re: RSS Feed for RedHat RPMs