Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Apolinaras \"Apollo\" Sinkevicius" <ap...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/28 20:40:52 UTC

How to block access by country, by unresolved IP, and etc...???

I need help.
I host couple of big files on my server which are pretty darn popular. They
are hoging my bandwidth, so but I do not want to drop them.
1. I would like to only allow poeple from USA, UK, Germany, Canada access
those file on my Apache (since those are the countries we have clients in).
How can I achieve that? Something like Allow directive . What I have now
does not seem to work.
<Directory "/mysql">
deny from all
allow from .com
allow from .ca
allow from .net
allow from .org
allow from .de
allow from .uk
</Directory>

2. I would like to block access from any unresolved host users (the ones
who's IP can not be resolved into a host). How can that be done for just
one directory?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Apollo