Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net> on 2007/10/25 00:14:27 UTC

Question on the MTOM sample

Team,

Our MTOM sample[1] has two operations--supposedly with one using MTOM
(port.testMtom() on line 86), while the other is not using it
(port.testXop() on line 100).  But AFAICT, *both* calls are actually
using MTOM because of the setMTOMEnabled() call on line 71--it is just
that testMtom() is using a more efficient DataHandler while testXop() is
using a byte array.

In other words, attaching xmime:expectedContentTypes =
"application/octet-stream" (line 44) to the WSDL[2] for MtomType
switches the datatype from byte array to DataHandler, but it does not
really have an effect on whether or not MTOM is being used.  Am I
correct here?  If so, I will update this sample to make the difference
clearer--we're just showing usage of a byte array MTOM vs. a data
handler MTOM.

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://tinyurl.com/34dxwl