Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Tom White <to...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/13 18:20:28 UTC

When is the AUTH_FAILED state entered?

The AUTH_FAILED state in the ZooKeeper class never seems to be
assigned to in the code. So the ZooKeeper client can never enter this
state. Instead it looks like authentication errors are indicated by
AuthFailedException (with code AUTHFAILED).

Is this right? Either the AUTH_FAILED state should be removed, or an
AuthFailedException should cause the ZooKeeper client to transition to
the AUTH_FAILED state.

Thanks,
Tom

Re: When is the AUTH_FAILED state entered?

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-312 for this.

Thanks,
Tom