Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by voltron <ko...@yahoo.com> on 2010/03/17 19:52:26 UTC

A web site developed with Wicket

Hello,

http://www.nofailtime.com/appmonitor is a web application developed with wicket framework. It basically checks the web site downtime and notifies the users about the failure.

It uses wicket, yahoo library(YUI), Spring and Cayenne as ORM. I used modal windows heavily to implement single page interface. YUI used for feedback panels and menu.

I would be happy if you try the site and give feedback. You can login the site with account;
username = demo
password = demo

Thanks,

Re: A web site developed with Wicket

Posted by Erdinc <ko...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
I don't think to release the source code of the application for now,  but I am trying to collect the techniques I applied in my wicket projects by maintaining an open source project - EasyWicket - http://easywicket.sourceforge.net

________________________________
Posted by Gustavo Henrique <gu...@gmail.com>.

AW: jWicket 0.5.2

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
Hi David,

take a look at both amd make your own decision. I can only speek for jWicket.
- At the moment it's main focus is drag/drop/resize. That's why I started this project.
- It trys to implement mostly all callback functions
- It trys to implement mostly all options
- It's part of wicketstuff
- It's easy to extend
- It's easy pluggable and unobtrusive.
- It's used as a core component in a commercial application
- jWicket trys to make the jQuery functionality fully accessible on the java side e.g. add Resizable to any wicket component and override onResized to re-act to a resize operation.

I suggest that you identify the jQuery components/functions that you need and then take a look at both libraries.
jWicket supports
- Drag/Drop
- Resize
- Effects
- Tooltips
- Datepicker

The next step will be a dropdown menu implementation.

But: take a look at wiQuery. Maybe it satisfys your needs much better.

Stefan

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for sharing!

Regarding the issue with drag-drop I just added [1] and [2]. I locally
patched my jquery to get it working but  this is something I do not like.
I'll keep you informed if someone provides an official fix.

Best,

Ernesto

References.

1-http://dev.jqueryui.com/ticket/5374
<http://dev.jqueryui.com/ticket/5374>2-
http://forum.jquery.com/topic/drag-and-drop-problems-after-ajax-refresh-on-ie

jWicket 0.5.4

Re: jWicket 0.5.2

Posted by David Leangen <wi...@leangen.net>.
Hi,

jWicket 0.5.2

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.
> After using CSS for layout things for two years my summary is:
>
>   "Use tables for layout, CSS for the rest"
>
> It it simple, it works, and it doesn't break in each new version of IE

The question then becomes: what do you use to lay out tabular data? :)

(IE is broken in all versions, and its CSS support is "lacking" (see the euphemism there). Users should be encouraged to switch; to adapt web design to cater for it is akin to avoid using words missing from a spell checker's incomplete dictionary when writing. You should not have to adapt to software bugs.)

- Tor Iver

Re: A web site developed with Wicket

Posted by Peter Ertl <pe...@gmx.org>.

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by voltron <ko...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com>.
It works great and look fine in safari

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Daniel Toffetti <dt...@yahoo.com.ar>wrote:

> voltron <kocamane <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > http://www.nofailtime.com/appmonitor is a web application
> > developed with wicket framework.

> > I would be happy if you try the site and give feedback. You
> > can login the site with account;
> > username = demo
> > password = demo
> >
> > Thanks,
>
>     It looks great, I like specially the menu. Some panels (Login,
> Subscription
> Update) seem to be somewhat to the right of the screen, it would be better
> if
> they were centered.
>    And I get a 1 centimeter wide vertical padding both to the left and to
> the
> right, don't know if this is intentional, it doesn't look good but perhaps
> it's
> just me.
>    Could not crash it yet, tested with Firefox 3.6 / Windows XP on a 17"
> CRT
> (non-wide format).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Daniel

Fernando Wermus.

www.linkedin.com/in/fernandowermus

Re: A web site developed with Wicket

Posted by Daniel Toffetti <dt...@yahoo.com.ar>.

Posted by Russell Morrisey <Ru...@missionse.com>.
In IE7 (win XP), I get a javascript error on the PGMainScreen after logging in:

Line 10, Char 4265
Invalid callback for subscriber to 'DOMReady'

RUSSELL E. MORRISEY
Programmer Analyst Professional
Mission Solutions Engineering, LLC

| Russell.Morrisey@missionse.com | www.missionse.com
304 West Route 38, Moorestown, NJ 08057

It uses wicket, yahoo library(YUI), Spring and Cayenne as ORM. I used modal windows heavily to implement single page interface. YUI used for feedback panels and menu.

I would be happy if you try the site and give feedback. You can login the site with account;
username = demo
password = demo

Thanks,

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery.
NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind MSE to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.

Re: A web site developed with Wicket

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
Can you add it to the wiki of sites powered by Wicket?

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

Posted by Cemal Bayramoglu <jW...@cabouge.com>.