Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mark Bundgus <ma...@springbow.com> on 2001/06/15 16:52:23 UTC

Portlet 2 API

Sorry if I missed it, but where is the Portlet 2 source and/or binaries?  A
couple of months back, I looked over the javadocs, and the code was to be
released within a couple weeks.  I don't see it in the current CVS source
tree.  Is it under a specific branch?

-Mark

At 10:37 AM 6/15/2001 +0200, you wrote:

>As the new JetSpeed Portlet Container was written by IBM, the WPS 1.2 and
>JetSpeed will be compatible in the sense that the same portlets can run on
>both portals.
>
>While WPS 1.2 and JetSpeed provide the same portlet API, there are
>differences in the portal implementation in the areas of user enrollment,
>administration, layout system, LDAP connectivity.
>
>For more information on WPS, see
>http://www.developer.ibm.com/welcome/websphere/wps/index.html
>
>Best regards,
>
>Thomas
>
>Thomas Schaeck
>Portal Architect
>IBM Pervasive Computing Division
>Phone: +49-(0)7031-16-3479   Mobile: +49-(0)171-6928407   e-mail:
>schaeck@de.ibm.com   Fax: +49-(0)7031-16-4888
>Address: IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH, Schoenaicher Str. 220, 71032
>Boeblingen, Germany
>

>Rob Revels <RR...@ENGENIA.COM> on 06/15/2001 08:47:08 AM
>
>Please respond to jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org
>
>To:   jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org
>cc:
>Subject:  Websphere Portal Server
>

>Does anyone know how closely the upcoming Portal Server 1.2 will match the
>current development in Jetspeed?
>I have been looking at Jetspeed and would like to use it from Websphere.
>How easily will apps written to Jetspeed/Tomcat
>port to Websphere/Portal Server?
>
>Thanks for any information you have.
>
>Rob Revels

Re: Portlet 2 API

Posted by ra...@networks.groupvu.com.
Mark Bundgus wrote:

> Sorry if I missed it, but where is the Portlet 2 source and/or binaries?  A
> couple of months back, I looked over the javadocs, and the code was to be
> released within a couple weeks.  I don't see it in the current CVS source
> tree.  Is it under a specific branch?

There are no binaries.

The code is in a 'portlet_api' branch and you can get a CVS source tarball at

http://jakarta.apache.org/~raphael/jetspeed/

--
Raphaƫl Luta - luta.raphael@networks.vivendi.net