Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ra...@Classwell.com on 2004/11/11 19:39:23 UTC

Service & URLClassloader

 hey,

 We have a RPC service which handles request objects.
 These request objects reside with the service. Our
 clients load these request/response beans through the
 URLClassloader. We also use the BeanSerializer to
 serialize/de-serialize these beans.

 If the client set the returnType in the Call to a
 specific bean (definition loaded by the
 URLClassloader), would the
 call to invoke() do the necessary conversion? Is there
 any special configuration which needs to be done so
 that all the beans in the client get loaded through
 the URLClassloader?

 Thanks
 ram

RE: Service & URLClassloader

Posted by Ted Neward <tn...@javageeks.com>.
This is kind of ClassLoaders 101, unless I'm misunderstanding the question;
see Stu Halloway's online PDF of "Component Development for the Java
Platform" (available off of www.relevancellc.com) for a complete breakdown
of the ClassLoaders model.

Short answer: classes go back to the ClassLoader that loaded them when
looking to load new classes, so what you're asking should (modulo any other
particular details you're not mentioning) work just fine.

Ted Neward
http://www.neward.net/ted/weblog