Posted to announce@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@apache.org> on 2009/08/11 23:46:55 UTC

[ANN] Apache Maven 2.2.1 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Maven,
version 2.2.1

Maven is a project comprehension and build tool, designed to simplify
the process of maintaining a healthy development lifecycle for your
project. You can read more here:

http://maven.apache.org/

Downloads are available here:

http://maven.apache.org/download.html

Release notes are available at (they are also included below):

http://maven.apache.org/release-notes.html

---

Release Notes - Maven 2 - Version 2.2.1

** Bug
     * [MNG-3265] - maven-model Extension.equals causes NPE when any
field is uninitialized
     * [MNG-3506] - Custom ArtifactHandler not resolved for project when
an additional plugin with extensions is defined in parent pom
     * [MNG-3753] - ArtifactResolverDiagnoser.diagnose() fails with NPE
if nested IOException has no detail message
     * [MNG-4189] - Maven not picking up specific timestamped version
dependency when a later timestamped version was downloaded and already
present in the local repository
     * [MNG-4218] - NPE in AbstractArtifactResolutionException if
DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively is interrupted
     * [MNG-4228] - [regression] Authorization failed: Not authorized by
proxy.
     * [MNG-4235] - [regression] Maven 2.2.0 produces invalid checksums
during deployment to secured HTTP repo
     * [MNG-4236] - [regression] http wagon uploads files twice with
Maven 2.2.0 when preemptive auth is disabled (default setting)
     * [MNG-4238] - Custom ArtifactHandler provided by build extension
isn't used for project artifact
     * [MNG-4240] - Direct dependencies with scope == provided will not
have their transitive dependencies resolved for compiling and testing
     * [MNG-4270] - ArtifactHandler, LifecycleMapping from plugin
dependency is not used when plugin extensions are enabled
     * [MNG-4275] - [regression] Direct relocations no longer log at
WARNING level : MNG-3380 conflicts with MNG-1689

** Improvement
     * [MNG-4254] - Support selection of wagon implementation for a
particular protocol
     * [MNG-4279] - wagon provider selection should fail gracefully and
use protocol for roleHint if protocol-provider roleHint isn't available.

** Task
     * [MNG-4290] - Update guide-http-settings to reflect the fact that
sun-based http has been restored as the default for the http/s wagons.

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven 2.2.1 Released

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.