Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Sandeep G Nijsure <ni...@mcs.anl.gov> on 2002/09/18 00:48:18 UTC

Jetspeed portlets and Javascript

Hi all,

If I want to use Javascript in the rendering of a portlet, how do I go
about? Ideally, portlet is not supposed to output any page level tags,
like <html> or <head>, since portlet is just a part of an HTML page, and
not the entire page. But Javascript needs the functions to be declared in
<head> section. So how to deal with this?

IBM websphere has a PageListener or something that basically allows you to
add something to the page level tags, when the page is being created. Is
there a corresponding mechanism in Jetspeed?

Thanks,
Sandeep