Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Muditha Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/26 14:53:45 UTC

Proton website issues

Hi All,

We have some broken links in the proton website.
The most crucial being "Installing Qpid Proton".

I was trying to link to this from my vert.x documentation and found this
not working.

It would be nice to have the documentation for Gordon's work hosted
somewhere as well.

Regards,

Rajith

Re: Proton website issues

Posted by Rajith Muditha Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thank you and Robbie for taking care of this.
Gordon, I have now linked your shinny tutorial!

Thanks again.

Rajith

Re: Proton website issues

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Re: Proton website issues

Posted by Richard Li <ri...@datawire.io>.
Yes. Thanks!

Re: Proton website issues

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Proton website issues

Posted by Richard Li <ri...@datawire.io>.

Re: Proton website issues

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 26 May 2015 at 17:28, Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 05/26/2015 01:53 PM, Rajith Muditha Attapattu wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We have some broken links in the proton website.
>> The most crucial being "Installing Qpid Proton".
>

> I fixed the "Installing Qpid Proton" link (README was renamed to have a .md
> extension and actually I think INSTALL.md is now the intended target here).
> Were there any others?

Great. I agree that INSTALL.md seems the better file given what is
supposedly being linked.

For the JMS client pages I actually copied the .md files into the site
tree when generating the site 'input' for the release, that way they
get 'rendered' in the same style as the web site itself when the
output is generated. Possibly somethign we can look at doing for the
next proton release.

>> It would be nice to have the documentation for Gordon's work hosted
>> somewhere as well.
>

> I've put that up now as well.

Excellent, looks nice :)

Re: Proton website issues

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, 2015-05-26 at 17:28 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 05/26/2015 01:53 PM, Rajith Muditha Attapattu wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We have some broken links in the proton website.
> > The most crucial being "Installing Qpid Proton".
>
> I fixed the "Installing Qpid Proton" link (README was renamed to have a
> .md extension and actually I think INSTALL.md is now the intended target
> here). Were there any others?

There is a link checker on the site dir, do "make help" for details.
There are some parameters you can set to test external or just internal
links.

Re: Proton website issues

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 05/26/2015 01:53 PM, Rajith Muditha Attapattu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have some broken links in the proton website.
> The most crucial being "Installing Qpid Proton".

I fixed the "Installing Qpid Proton" link (README was renamed to have a
.md extension and actually I think INSTALL.md is now the intended target
here). Were there any others?

> It would be nice to have the documentation for Gordon's work hosted
> somewhere as well.

I've put that up now as well.