Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by jmdev <jh...@yahoo.com> on 2008/12/09 14:44:46 UTC

Re: Are properties not resolved in http:conduit

I am using 2.1.4 SNAPSHOT and am still not able to get this working.  Is
there anything special one needs to do to get the
PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer to be recognized?  Is there an example or test
case that you could refer me to if available.

Thanks!

Posted by jmdev <jh...@yahoo.com>.
Alright, I dug into this one a bit more and learned that this is one of the
features they are trying to fix in Spring 3.*.  For now, I will post my
solution so that others may benefit...

CXF has a solution for turning off schema validation if you are using their
application context.  Since I used CXF's custom namespaces in my own
application context I was not able to leverage their code.  However, if you
override ClassPathXmlApplicationContext (or whatever type you may want to
use), you can override initBeanDefinitionReader(XmlBeanDefinitionReader
xmlBeanDefinitionReader)  If you set the validation mode on the
xmlBeanDefinitionReader to VALIDATION_NONE and set namespace aware to true,
you then are able to bypass schema validation, allowing you to use
properties where schema int's, booleans, etc. are expected.  The obvious
downside is no more schema validation, but turning it off also boosts
performance :)

Hope that helps someone else!

Re: Are properties not resolved in http:conduit

Posted by jmdev <jh...@yahoo.com>.
OK Dan, I finally got back to this problem I was having and thought I would
post what I've found in case you have a simple solution.  Spring property
resolution works fine for http:client http:proxyAuthorization and
http:tlsClientParameters as you said...however...

What I found is that having a property for ProxyPort

i.e.
<http:client AllowChunking="false" ProxyServer="${proxyServer}"
ProxyServerPort="${proxyPort}"/>

seems to fail schema validation before the property has a chance to be
replaced since the ProxyServerPort is defined as an xs:int in
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/wsdl/http-conf.xsd

Here is the relevant snippet of the exception

Exception in thread "Primary Chain"
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line
24 in XML document from class path resource [app-context.xml] is invalid;
nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseExcep
tion: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '${proxyPort}' is not a valid value for
'integer'.

If I hard code proxyPort to say 8080 but leave ProxyServer as a Spring
property, everything works fine and the property is resolved.

Perhaps I am missing something simple...  Any ideas on how I can externalize
the proxy port as a spring property?

Re: Are properties not resolved in http:conduit

Posted by Olivier Billard <ol...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for you answer, Dan.
The problem is trickier, as the configuration works with HTTP (I can pass
through the corporate proxy), and not HTTPs.

With HTTP, Proxy-Authorization and Authorization request headers are already
set in the first POST request (see my previous message). But with HTTPS, no
such header is set, even after the Proxy Auth challenge sent by the
corporate proxy.

The path is the following :
[Client] -> [Corporate proxy, Auth required] -> [Web service server, Basic
Auth]

I did set both http-conf:authorization and http-conf:proxyAuthorization, but
I might have set it in a wrong way, you could be right about it. Here is the
conduit configuration:

  <http:conduit name="*.http-conduit">

    <http:tlsClientParameters disableCNCheck="true"
secureSocketProtocol="SSL">
      <sec:trustManagers>
        <sec:keyStore type="JKS" password="pass" resource="truststore.jks"
/>
      </sec:trustManagers>
    </http:tlsClientParameters>

    <!-- Corporate proxy configuration -->
    <http:client AllowChunking="false" ProxyServer="${proxy.host}"
ProxyServerPort="8080" />

    <!-- Application Basic Auth -->
    <http:authorization>
      <sec:UserName>${application.username}</sec:UserName>
      <sec:Password>${application.password}</sec:Password>
    </http:authorization>

    <!-- Proxy Auth -->
    <http:proxyAuthorization>
      <sec:UserName>${proxy.username}</sec:UserName>
      <sec:Password>${proxy.password}</sec:Password>
    </http:proxyAuthorization>

  </http:conduit>

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
It looks like you set the: