Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Albert Wiersch <su...@htmlvalidator.com> on 2011/07/25 17:44:25 UTC

StdInParse freezes and doesn't return in Windows

I'm trying to add some simple/basic XML parsing/validation to my product by
simply using StdInParse, but I've found that it freezes on some files.

I'm using Windows 7 and the compiled binary distribution for 32-bit Windows
with xerces-c_3_1.dll.

For example, this never returns:
StdInParse.exe <xerces-freeze.htm

The file can be downloaded from:
http://www.htmlvalidator.com/xerces-freeze.htm

Why would it freeze and not return? I need to get the output. Instead it
just locks up the command prompt until I hit Ctrl+C.

Other files work but some cause lock-ups.

Thanks,
Albert Wiersch