Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by SM <sm...@resistor.net> on 2008/05/15 20:04:01 UTC

Re: yahoo.com acknowledges no control over third party email from their mail servers

At 10:32 15-05-2008, John Hardin wrote:
>On Thu, 15 May 2008, Michael Scheidell wrote:
>
>>I understand your frustration in receiving unsolicited email. While
>>we investigate all reported violations against the Yahoo! Terms of
>>Service (TOS), in this particular case the message you received was
>>not sent through the Yahoo! Mail system.

>>(web1114.biz.mail.sk1.yahoo.com [74.6.114.46])
>>         by fl.us.spammertrap.net (Postfix) with SMTP id C81DC2E11E
>>         for <sc...@secnap.net>; Wed, 14 May 2008 11:00:29 -0400 (EDT)
>
>I assume you trust fl.us.spammertrap.net?

I understand your frustration in receiving unsolicited mail from an
IP address that points to a yahoo.com subdomain and which is directly
allocated to a Yahoo! company.

>How the hell can they disown that? The rDNS is from a domain they control!

Some providers ignore abuse reports for mail originating from
business customers.

Regards,
-sm