Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2008/01/18 23:52:04 UTC

Minimum Should Match

Is there a default "mm" value (minimum should match) for the
DisMaxReqHandler?  I have two optional clauses and I have not declared
any mm value in my config and I am not getting results, despite
knowing that both clauses return results individually.  In debugging,
Solr, is definitely returning "2" for the min should match?  Is this a
bug, or an undocumented feature?  That is, should I file a JIRA issue,
or update the Wiki?

Thanks,
Grant

Re: Minimum Should Match

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Is there a default "mm" value (minimum should match) for the DisMaxReqHandler?

yeah ... it's "100%"  (a more sensible default then "1" was my
justification at the time i believe.)

: should match?  Is this a bug, or an undocumented feature?  That is, should I
: file a JIRA issue, or update the Wiki?

It's a documentation problem ... none of the dismax params list what the
default values are on the wiki.

-Hoss