Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jonathan Rochkind <ro...@jhu.edu> on 2010/11/01 00:17:50 UTC

RE: indexing '-

What do you actually want to do? Give an example of a string that would be found in the source document (to index), and a few queries that you want to match it (and that presumably aren't matching it with the methods you've tried, since you say "it doesn't work")

Both a string type or a text type set to KeywordTokenizer (and with no other analyzers, as in your example) should/will index exactly what is in your source document.

My guess is that you aren't happy with this because in fact you DO want tokenization, which neither of those options will get you.   But you haven't given enough information for us to know what you actually want to do, and without knowing what you're trying to do we cant' tell you why what you've tried doesn't do it, or brainstorm for ways to do it differently.  What "doesn't work"?
Posted by PeterKerk <ve...@hotmail.com>.
Guys, the "string" type did the trick :)

Thanks