Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2012/03/05 12:41:24 UTC

Re: Date search by specific month and day

I've seen this question several times on the list.
Perhaps it could be beneficial to create a new Date field that also soupports year-only, year-month, year-month-day etc queries? It could be called ExtendedDateField or something, and when indexing a date "YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ssZ" it would individually store multiple versions in the index, perhaps using poly-field? It could work exactly like DateField for full date input, but also allow queries like myDate:2012, myDate:2012-03, myDate:2012-03-05, myDate:[1991 TO 2012] etc.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com