Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Steven Punte <st...@excite.com> on 2001/10/15 00:47:14 UTC

Sucess at getting ?wsdl to work!

Dear Axis user group:

   After much trial and error (being new to this package),
   I finally was able to retrive the wsld file.

   If you are having problems:

   1)  Look in file ~/WEB_INF/server-config.xml

   2)  Find block <service> that matches your service.

   3)  <service> block will have attribute, "pivot",
       and also "name."

   4)  In my case name is "urn:yada-yada-yada"

   5)  In your web browser, then use URL:
       http://localhost/axis/servlet/AxisServlet/urn:yada-yada-yada?wsdl

    Works for me!  :-)

       </steve punte>

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/

Re: Sucess at getting ?wsdl to work!

Posted by Mark Young <ma...@kamiak.com>.
Andre:

OK, try adding the four axis-supplied .jar files that you find in
WEB-INF/lib, plus your xml parser .jar (e.g. xerces.jar) to your Java
servlet engine's (in my case Tomcat) CLASSPATH.  I also had to add to the
CLASSPATH  the path to my WEB-INF/classes directory.  It seems that once
axis can figure out what web service to invoke, it needs to have the
service's classes in its CLASSPATH.

If I were you I would not start with the Stock example -- the user/password
stuff just adds one more thing to figure out, and I'm not so sure that the
error messages you get back about bad user id/password always mean that is
the problem.  Instead, I started with example 3 from the userguide samples.
It just echos back what you send it.  You can read about it in the user
guide.  Once you get this simple example working, you can try the Stock
example, and be confident that the basic mechanism works.

Good luck,

Mark Young
mark@kamiak.com

Posted by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi>.