Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com> on 2019/07/08 15:25:01 UTC

Averbis released type systems as open source

Hi,

Averbis released a selection of type systems as open source (Apache License 2.0) which also cover many use cases in clinical and medical information extraction.

I know that cTAKES has of course well-established type systems, but a comparison of different approaches to model information can lead to fruitful discussions IMHO. Feel free to contact me :-) (or talk to me @ACL2019_Italy)

https://github.com/averbis/core-typesystems

Types for linguistic preprocessing, generic types like 'Concept' as well
as domain-independent entities like 'Date' or 'Measurement'.

https://github.com/averbis/health-typesystems

Types for specific medical entities and relationships like 'Diagnosis',
'Medication' and also for more specialized types like 'HLA' or
'VisualAcuity'.

https://github.com/averbis/pharma-typesystems

Types mainly for IDMP.

Artifacts with descriptions, types.txt, JCas cover classes and some
generated asciidoc are available at maven central.

Best,

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Klügl
R&D Text Mining/Machine Learning

Averbis GmbH
Salzstr. 15
79098 Freiburg
Germany

Fon: +49 761 708 394 0
Fax: +49 761 708 394 10
Email: peter.kluegl@averbis.com
Web: https://averbis.com

Headquarters: Freiburg im Breisgau

Re: Averbis released type systems as open source

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi Peter,

there are currently no plans to open source the annotators or a
selection of annotators.

However, the release of the type systems is a part of opening Averbis in
that direction and to give something back to the community (in addition
to the UIMA patches and the Ruta development).

I could image that we will follow that path and open source some
components in future, but as I said there are no plans yet.

Best,

Peter

Posted by Peter Abramowitsch <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for this news!