Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "cocoon.erard" <co...@besonet.ch> on 2006/06/01 10:35:40 UTC

custom validator is not called

Hello,

I'm using the following construct to display or hide a field. This is only an Example, I'currently testing something.
My problem is now, that my Java validator is never called. Is this a Bug or did I make a misstake? When i use the validator elsewhere, there's no problem.

Thanks Mike

<fd:union id="chipunion" case="../page1/type">
<fd:widgets>
	<fd:group id="case1">
		<fd:widgets>
		</fd:widgets>
	</fd:group>
	<fd:group id="case2">
		<fd:widgets>
			<fd:field id="chip" required="true">
				<fd:label>chip application:</fd:label>
				<fd:datatype base="string"/>
				<fd:selection-list>
					<fd:item value="cash"/>
					<fd:item value="cash + emv"/>
				</fd:selection-list>
				<fd:validation>
					<fd:java class="ch.corix.cocoon.validator.EmvValidator" />
				</fd:validation>
			</fd:field>
		</fd:widgets>
	</fd:group>
</fd:widgets>
</fd:union>

Re: custom validator is not called

Posted by Simone Gianni <s....@thebug.it>.
Hi Mike,
please let me know if I understand correctly. The same java validator
gives no problem, except when used inside a union? Does other
validations (try length or regexp) work correctly in the same situation?

Simone

cocoon.erard wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm using the following construct to display or hide a field. This is only an Example, I'currently testing something.
>My problem is now, that my Java validator is never called. Is this a Bug or did I make a misstake? When i use the validator elsewhere, there's no problem.
>
>Thanks Mike
>
><fd:union id="chipunion" case="../page1/type">
><fd:widgets>
>	<fd:group id="case1">
>		<fd:widgets>
>		</fd:widgets>
>	</fd:group>
>	<fd:group id="case2">
>		<fd:widgets>
>			<fd:field id="chip" required="true">
>				<fd:label>chip application:</fd:label>
>				<fd:datatype base="string"/>
>				<fd:selection-list>
>					<fd:item value="cash"/>
>					<fd:item value="cash + emv"/>
>				</fd:selection-list>
>				<fd:validation>
>					<fd:java class="ch.corix.cocoon.validator.EmvValidator" />
>				</fd:validation>
>			</fd:field>
>		</fd:widgets>
>	</fd:group>