Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/19 10:32:40 UTC

Object Content Mapping - Status

Hi all,

I would like to check together what is missing in the OCM framework for its
first release.
I think if the following issues are solved, we are ready to make it :

JCR-965 : On an XP machine, the unit tests provide some errors with the
Derby Persistence Manager
JCR-873 : Review the doc
JCR-871 : Add readme files
JCR-930 : Rename the PersistenceManager into ObjectContentManager (in
progress).

It is also the good time get more feedbacks on the framewok. You are welcome
to create new Jira issues or post comments on this mailing.

br,
Christophe

Re: Object Content Mapping - Status

Posted by Pavel Konnikov <ko...@gmail.com>.
for example:

if define
<field-descriptor fieldName="name" jcrName="name" id="true"/>

and set
myObject.setName("namedNode");

we get redundant property name
/namedNode/name = namedNode

node name is "namedNode" and name property value is "namedNode".

may be remove redundant property from node when filed-descriptor has id?

--
Best regards. Pavel Konnikov

Re: Object Content Mapping - Status

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 thanks

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
ok for 1.4.  I have my summer vacation to work on this release :-)

Thanks,
Christophe

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Felix Meschberger <Fe...@day.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for adding this to continuum.

Re Release: If adding OCM to the 1.4 release, would it be possible to have
an initial "standalone" release after 1.3.1 but before Jackrabbit 1.4 ? I
have no actual requirement currently, just being curious.

Regard
Felix

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 6/20/07, Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/20/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you want to make a standalone OCM release,
> > or should we include it as a component in the Jackrabbit 1.4 release?
>
> It should nice to see it as a component of Jackrabbit 1.4. I think more
> developpers will use it if it is an "official" Jackrabbit component.

Agreed. I'd love to see OCM going out in Jackrabbit 1.4, which really
seems to be shaping up as an excellent release with all the recent
activity.

> Why not for Jackrabbit 1.3.1 (depending on the release date) ?

1.3.1 is planned to go out in two weeks so the schedule is really
tight. Our policy has also been to avoid introducing new features in
patch releases, so I would rather go for 1.4.

My current thinking is to have 1.4 going out sometime in
September/October, which actually is pretty close already given that
activity is likely to drop a bit during the next two months due to
summer vacations.

> > It would be nice to have OCM included in our Continuum installation at
> > http://jackrabbit.zones.apache.org/. Do you mind if I do the required
> > POM updates (mostly <scm/> entries)?
>
> Excellent idea.

I'll go for it.

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 6/20/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 6/19/07, Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would like to check together what is missing in the OCM framework for
> its
> > first release.
>
> Kudos for the progress!

This is nothing compare to the Jackrabbit core :-)

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 6/19/07, Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to check together what is missing in the OCM framework for its
> first release.

Kudos for the progress! Do you want to make a standalone OCM release,

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 6/19/07, Pavel Konnikov <ko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, Christophe
>
> I am currently work at GSoC project mu-assessment and use ocm. I think the
> folowing will be useful
>
> add automaticaly registration namespace "ocm" and node types from
> custom_nodetypes.xml

You are right.

I would like also to register auto. the xml mapping file from which it
should be possible to create the matching node types if they are not yet in
the repo.  Later, with the annotation support, we could do similar process
from the jar.