Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by raphael <ra...@apache.org> on 2004/05/20 11:15:49 UTC

Re: problem with velocity portlet

masa lang wrote:

>Hi ,
>
>i want to devleop my first velocity portlet , i put the class file in :
>C:\tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\classes\org\apache\jetspeed\portal\portlets
>
>and the vm file in :
>C:\tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\templates\vm\portlets\html
>in myVm.vm  ,  i have a variable $!name
>this $name is initialised  in myClass ..
>
>i created a velocity portlet with {action : myClass & template :myVm}
>when i tried to see it  (this variable $name )
>
>What's wrong ?

Your action class should be in:
WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/jetspeed/modules/actions/portlets

portal/portlets is where you'll find the actual complete Portlets
like the XSLPortlet, VelocityPortlet, etc... but since you're using
an existing portlet you don't have to deal with package.

--
Raphael Luta - raphael@apache.org

Re: problem with velocity portlet-org-

Posted by Raphael Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
masa lang wrote:
> Hi raphael,
>
> i did what you said but i saw something bizzare , there is no portlet (.class like XSLPortlet, VelocityPortlet, etc...):
> C:\tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\classes\org\apache\jetspeed\modules\actions\portlets
> but in the interface of jetspeed  i saw them in portlets browser ....and i can use them !!!
>
> What is wrong ?

Nothing :)

Portlets are located in the org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets package
but what you want to do is *not* creating a brand new portlet class but
use the VelocityPortlet.

The behavior of this protlet can be customized by your action class and
this class must be in org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.portlets (or
any Turbine modules package you define in your properties file).

In short:
portlets go to:
WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/jetspeed/portal/portlets

VelcoityPortlet or JSPPortlet action classes go to:
WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/jetspeed/modules/action/portlets.

--
Raphaƫl Luta - raphael@apache.org
Apache Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java

Re: problem with velocity portlet-org-

Posted by masa lang <la...@yahoo.ca>.
Hi raphael,

i did what you said but i saw something bizzare , there is no portlet (.class like XSLPortlet, VelocityPortlet, etc...):
C:\tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\classes\org\apache\jetspeed\modules\actions\portlets
but in the interface of jetspeed  i saw them in portlets browser ....and i can use them !!!

What is wrong ?

thanks