Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by shital <sh...@optonline.net> on 2006/09/15 19:59:31 UTC

Stock Alert with ActiveMQ

I am using activeMQ for displaying streaming stock prices in my application.
Now i have to build alert framework. like if for some stock price goes below
thresold then i have to send email to whoever has set up that alert.
how can i do that using JMS and active MQ?

Just as a note : my volume of data is very very high, so how do i monitor
such high volume of data.

Thanks

Re: Stock Alert with ActiveMQ

Posted by shital <sh...@optonline.net>.
Thanks for this idea.. i will sure look into it, ActiveMQ works great. i have
no problem with it.

Thanks
Shital

Posted by Danilo Tuler <tu...@ideais.com.br>.
Hi,

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 9/15/06, shital <sh...@optonline.net> wrote:

> I am using activeMQ for displaying streaming stock prices in my application.
> Now i have to build alert framework. like if for some stock price goes below
> thresold then i have to send email to whoever has set up that alert.
> how can i do that using JMS and active MQ?
>
> Just as a note : my volume of data is very very high, so how do i monitor
> such high volume of data.

If you can, push more of the work to the broker - e.g. create
subscriptions with selectors. Failing that, just make sure that your
code is fast :) If you are still having problems, consider
partitioning your data, so that different JVMs/threads/consumers
process different parts of your data (e.g. using wildcard
subscriptions)
--

James
-------