Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Ajay Gupta <aj...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/04 07:59:55 UTC

Null pointer exception in JDBC API tests

Hi,
I am trying to run JDBCAPI tests using derby trunk with DB2 type 4
drivers(com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver). But in first statement
ij.startJBMS(), I am getting null pointer exception. These test cases
are working correctly with type 2
driver(COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver).

Could some one pls advice on this ?

regards,
ajay

Re: Null pointer exception in JDBC API tests

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ajay,
 Following is what Dan Debrunner replied to your earlier mail on null
pointer exception.
   Daniel John Debrunner   <dj...@debrunners.com> to Derby
 More options 7:01 am (5 hours ago) Ajay wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using derbytrunk for runing the jdbcapi test cases. I have done
> testing with COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver driver and test cases
> works fine but when i tried running test cases with type 4
> driver i.e. com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver, I am getting null
> pointer exception in ij.startJBMS() statement.

Wow, that's impressive, using the COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver driver
to connect to Derby, you are probably the first to try that!

> Could anyone please tell me what is the problem ?

How are you running these tests using these drivers?

If you are using the Derby test harness then the jdbcapi suite runs
using Derby's own embedded driver (org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver)
and some of those tests run in the suites that use client server mode
and the client drivers.

derbynetclientmats - org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver
derbynetmats - com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver

Dan.