Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by DA...@Nationwide.com on 2004/02/16 14:40:51 UTC

Access to Environment Entries (java:comp/env)

Hi group,

I want to be able to access Tomcat's Environment Entries in the Cocoon
sitemap the same way I access my jdbc connection.

For instance, I want to be able to add via the Tomcat administrator:

        Name:           ldapServerUrl
        Type:           java.lang.String
        Value:          ldap://some.server.ineed

And then in the sitemap.xmap, say in an ldap transformation, be able to
have something like:

        <map:parameter name="serverurl" value="jndi://ldapServerUrl"/>
  or
        <map:parameter name="serverurl"
value="java:comp/env/ldapServerUrl"/>

to reference what's in the environment entries.  I am currently setting
this value, and others, using the <global-variables> section in the
sitemap, so I wind up with:

        <map:parameter name="serverurl" value="{global:ldapServer}"/>

but I need to have some of these variables in a spot that my server
administrator can change their values without touching the application
files.

I have looked through the docs on cocoon.apache.org and
wiki.cocoondev.org, but couldn't find anything other than setting up the
jdbc connections.

Thanks!
David Day