Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com> on 2016/05/19 09:26:15 UTC

Storage Tags for System Services / SSVM etc..

Hi!

We're currently migrating Storages and only the Virtual Routers,
Console Proxy and Secondary Storage VM are left on our old Storage.

Since we want to get rid of that Storage, I need a way for provisioning
the System VMs to the new Storage.

Using ACS 4.8.0 with XenServer 6.5, I've done following:
- Mark one LUN on our new Storage as "default" in XenCenter
-> Provisioning of System VMs doesn't respect that
- Added the respective Storage-Tags to System Offerings (I used mysql
and restarted cloudstack-management, since I found no other way)
-> System VMs are unable to start after destroying them. So I reverted
the Tags to NULL to get the System VMs up again. Now, they're located
on different LUNs like before...

TLDR; Do you know any way to force the Disks of the respective VMs
located on a specific Storage?

Thanks in advance!

- Stephan

Re: Storage Tags for System Services / SSVM etc..

Posted by Shweta Agarwal <sh...@accelerite.com>.
Add the new storage and put the old storage into maintenance. I think this will force system VM to restart on new storage

Thanks
Shweta

On 5/19/16, 2:56 PM, "Stephan Seitz" <s....@secretresearchfacility.com> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>We're currently migrating Storages and only the Virtual Routers,
>Console Proxy and Secondary Storage VM are left on our old Storage.
>
>Since we want to get rid of that Storage, I need a way for provisioning
>the System VMs to the new Storage.
>
>Using ACS 4.8.0 with XenServer 6.5, I've done following:
>- Mark one LUN on our new Storage as "default" in XenCenter
>-> Provisioning of System VMs doesn't respect that
>- Added the respective Storage-Tags to System Offerings (I used mysql
>and restarted cloudstack-management, since I found no other way)
>-> System VMs are unable to start after destroying them. So I reverted
>the Tags to NULL to get the System VMs up again. Now, they're located
>on different LUNs like before...
>
>TLDR; Do you know any way to force the Disks of the respective VMs
>located on a specific Storage?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>- Stephan

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.