Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Peng, Wei" <We...@xerox.com> on 2011/09/21 05:30:04 UTC

java.io.IOException: Incorrect data format

I was not able to restart my name server because I the name server ran
out of space. Then I adjusted dfs.datanode.du.reserved to 0, and used
tune2fs -m to get some space, but I still could not restart the name
node.

I got the following error:

java.io.IOException: Incorrect data format. logVersion is -18 but
writables.length is 0.

Anyone knows how to resolve this issue?

Best,

Wei

RE: RE: java.io.IOException: Incorrect data format

Posted by "Peng, Wei" <We...@xerox.com>.
I just solved the problem by releasing more space on the related HD
partitions.

Thank you all for your help !

Wei

From: "Peng, Wei" <We...@xerox.com>
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:44 am
Subject: RE: java.io.IOException: Incorrect data format
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org

> I modified edits so that hadoop namenode is restarted, however, I
> couldnot start my datanode. The datanode log shows
>
> 2011-09-20 21:07:10,068 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: java.io.IOException:
> Mkdirs failed to create /state/partition2/hadoop/dfs/tmp
>        at

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.FSDataset$FSVolume.<init>(FSDatas
> et.java:394)
>        at

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.FSDataset.<init>(FSDataset.java:8
> 94)
>        at

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.startDataNode(DataNode.j
> ava:318)
>        at

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.<init>(DataNode.java:232
> )
>        at

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.makeInstance(DataNode.ja
> va:1363)
>        at

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.instantiateDataNode(Data
> Node.java:1318)
>        at

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.createDataNode(DataNode.
> java:1326)
>        at

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.main(DataNode.java:1448)

Re: RE: RE: java.io.IOException: Incorrect data format

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686 <ma...@huawei.com>.
I would suggest you to clean some space and try.

Regards,
Uma

Posted by "Peng, Wei" <We...@xerox.com>.