Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/27 18:32:19 UTC

Re: Please Help me about hadoop on Mesos

> I have some questions about running hadoop on top of Mesos, please help me.
> 1. when a tasktracker is launched, if n cpu core are allocated to it, it
> can only launch n-1 map tasks. Could someone tell me why? And, if I want to
> run map-only job, what should I do to run n map tasks on a n cpu resource
> offer?

This is because 1 cpu is allocated to the task tracker itself.

> 2. After a tasktracker is launched, in what condition it's status will
> update to FINISHED?
> In my cluster, sometimes it will never end until I restart the jobtracker.
> Sometimes it will end if there is no task or job in jobtracker to run.

The expected case is that the task tracker is finished/killed if there is
no task/job assigned to it. If there is an idle task tracker for a long
time it's probably a bug (@brenden can correct me if the semantics have
changed around this). Some logs would help diagnose the issue.

> 3. How to use DRF with weight? I run two frameworks on mesos, and I want
> to give them different proportion of resources.
>
> Give each framework a different role (FrameworkInfo.role) and give weights
to each role via master command line flags (see --roles and --weights via
./master --help).

Re: Re: Re: Please Help me about hadoop on Mesos

Posted by HUO Jing <hu...@ihep.ac.cn>.
Can we use the TaskTracker just for once?  when the tasks that assigned to the tasktracker are done, kill it and release the resource. And when there are new resource offers comming, launch a new TaskTracker to do the rest of the tasks.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by HUO Jing <hu...@ihep.ac.cn>.