Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Val <vs...@in-telegence.net> on 2010/08/13 13:19:09 UTC

Define a partition programmatically

Hi folks,

is it possible to define a partition programmatically without editing the
server.xml and if so, how?

I have an Apache Directory Server 1.5.7 on a unix machine and i am developing
with Eclipse with the Apache Directory Studio plugin. My goal is to define and
add partitions programmatically without being forced always to edit the
server.xml and restart the server. The documentation doesn't make it clear if
defining can be made programmatically.

regards,

Val

Re: Define a partition programmatically

Posted by Val <vs...@in-telegence.net>.
Hi Kiran

> > is it possible to define a partition programmatically without editing the
> > server.xml and if so, how?
> unless you embed the server it is not possible to add the partition
> programmatically
I still can't add any partition without defining it in the server.xml, even if i
embed the server. If i define it first in the server.xml there is no problem to
add this partition.

Any solution?

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
hi Val,

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Val <vs...@in-telegence.net> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> is it possible to define a partition programmatically without editing the
> server.xml and if so, how?
unless you embed the server it is not possible to add the partition
programmatically

> I have an Apache Directory Server 1.5.7 on a unix machine and i am developing
> with Eclipse with the Apache Directory Studio plugin. My goal is to define and
> add partitions programmatically without being forced always to edit the
> server.xml and restart the server. The documentation doesn't make it clear if
> defining can be made programmatically.
>
> regards,
>
> Val

Kiran Ayyagari