Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Gintare Ragaisiene <gi...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/21 15:55:26 UTC

Corrupted document after editing

Hello,

 I have problem with Lenya 2.0 ant TinyMCE 3.2.1 editor :

1.create xhtml document;
2.edit it with TinyMCE;
3.and (unluckly) push not "Chancel" or "Save" button of TinyMCE, but any
other web page button like "About as".

as a result you can not edit this document, can not delete it (Edit->Delete
is unactive), can not even hide it (generates error Exception during commit
or rollback: org.apache.lenya.cms.repository.RepositoryException: The node
[node
lenya://lenya/pubs/lmps/content/authoring/a2ecf4a0-e7c3-11dd-b56a-d87cf20c0b25/lt]
is already checked out by another session! ). I tried to restart server, but
nothing works.

Thank you for help,
Gintare

Re: Corrupted document after editing

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
Gintare Ragaisiene wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I have problem with Lenya 2.0 ant TinyMCE 3.2.1 editor :
>
> 1.create xhtml document;
> 2.edit it with TinyMCE;
> 3.and (unluckly) push not "Chancel" or "Save" button of TinyMCE, but any
> other web page button like "About as".
>
> as a result you can not edit this document, can not delete it
> (Edit->Delete is unactive), can not even hide it (generates error
> Exception during commit or rollback:
> org.apache.lenya.cms.repository.RepositoryException: The node [node
> lenya://lenya/pubs/lmps/content/authoring/a2ecf4a0-e7c3-11dd-b56a-d87cf20c0b25/lt]
> is already checked out by another session! ). I tried to restart server,
> but nothing works.

i agree this is not nice, but it's a consequence of lenya being
multi-user capable... it needs to be made more user-friendly, so that
you can edit a document currently checked out by yourself, but before
anyone implements that, you can "file" -> "force check-in" to remove the
lock on the document and make it editable again. re-starting the server
will not have any effect and is generally not advisable, unless the
servlet engine has crashed hard, which should be extremely rare.

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

  - Ken Thompson.

Re: Corrupted document after editing

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Gintare,

Gintare Ragaisiene schrieb:
>  I have problem with Lenya 2.0 ant TinyMCE 3.2.1 editor :
>
> 1.create xhtml document;
> 2.edit it with TinyMCE;
> 3.and (unluckly) push not "Chancel" or "Save" button of TinyMCE, but any
> other web page button like "About as".
>
> as a result you can not edit this document, can not delete it

is there a menu item "File -> Force Check-In"?

If not, this feature apparently wasn't available yet in the Lenya
version you're using. In this case you have to manually remove the
latest check-out entry from the RCML file:

* shut down your servlet engine
* go to the content directory of your publication
* go to authoring/{uuid}/
* edit the rcml file of the affected language version
* remove the latest check-out entry
* start your servlet engine

In the latest release (2.0.2) it is possible to do this via the
authoring menu, as described above.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO