Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2007/05/07 15:26:52 UTC

Re: Website: Make 1.4 | Modules | 1.2 top level tabs ?

Thorsten Scherler schrieb:
> On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 09:42 +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>
>> since we have only three top-level tabs on the website,
>> IMO we can pull up the documentation sections (1.4, Modules,
>> 1.2) and make them top-level tabs. They are not very prominent
>> now anyway. Pulling them up would also reduce the number
>> of clicks.
>>
>> Maybe we should put them at the end:
>>

>> Project | Community | Documentation | Version 1.4 | Modules | Version 1.2
>>

>> WDYT?
>>

> Not sure, we had that before.
>
> I like the current one better since all the documentation is gathered
> under one section.

OK, just in case you'd like to give it another try, the changes
are visible on the zone for a while now:
http://lenya.zones.apache.org/docu/

I have to admit that I like it like this.

What do the others think?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: Website: Make 1.4 | Modules | 1.2 top level tabs ?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 15:26 +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler schrieb:
> > On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 09:42 +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> >> Hi Lenya devs,
> >>
> >> since we have only three top-level tabs on the website,
> >> IMO we can pull up the documentation sections (1.4, Modules,
> >> 1.2) and make them top-level tabs. They are not very prominent
> >> now anyway. Pulling them up would also reduce the number
> >> of clicks.
> >>
> >> Maybe we should put them at the end:
> >>

> >> Project | Community | Documentation | Version 1.4 | Modules | Version 1.2
> >>

> >> WDYT?
> >>

> > Not sure, we had that before.
> >
> > I like the current one better since all the documentation is gathered
> > under one section.
>
> OK, just in case you'd like to give it another try, the changes
> are visible on the zone for a while now:
> http://lenya.zones.apache.org/docu/
>
> I have to admit that I like it like this.

It is ok for me, since we have now both.

salu2

Re: Website: Make 1.4 | Modules | 1.2 top level tabs ?

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Joern Nettingsmeier schrieb:

[...]

> i wonder: can we get rid of the "documentation" tab?
> it's not really where most of the documentation is and distracts from
> the 1.2. and 1.4 tabs a little.
> the index page is superflous since we have the 1.2 and 1.4 tabs.

Maybe we could move the explanatory paragraphs to the frontpage.

> coding guidelines would fit better in community/contributing.

I agree.

> "website update", "zone notes" and "release management" could be moved
> there as well, maybe under a sub-heading "administrative tasks" or
> something like that.

+1

> we should link to the zones demos more prominently. we could have "demo"
> headings in both the 1.2. and 1.4 tab. wdyt?

Makes sense.

What do the others think?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: Website: Make 1.4 | Modules | 1.2 top level tabs ?

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <ne...@folkwang-hochschule.de>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler schrieb:
>> On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 09:42 +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>>
>>> since we have only three top-level tabs on the website,
>>> IMO we can pull up the documentation sections (1.4, Modules,
>>> 1.2) and make them top-level tabs. They are not very prominent
>>> now anyway. Pulling them up would also reduce the number
>>> of clicks.
>>>
>>> Maybe we should put them at the end:
>>>

>>> Project | Community | Documentation | Version 1.4 | Modules | Version 1.2
>>>

>>> WDYT?
>>>
>> Not sure, we had that before.
>>
>> I like the current one better since all the documentation is gathered
>> under one section.
>
> OK, just in case you'd like to give it another try, the changes
> are visible on the zone for a while now:
> http://lenya.zones.apache.org/docu/
>
> I have to admit that I like it like this.
>
> What do the others think?

wow. documentation has come a long way indeed.

i wonder: can we get rid of the "documentation" tab?
it's not really where most of the documentation is and distracts from
the 1.2. and 1.4 tabs a little.
the index page is superflous since we have the 1.2 and 1.4 tabs.
coding guidelines would fit better in community/contributing.
"website update", "zone notes" and "release management" could be moved
there as well, maybe under a sub-heading "administrative tasks" or
something like that.

we should link to the zones demos more prominently. we could have "demo"
headings in both the 1.2. and 1.4 tab. wdyt?

other than those minor issues, i like the new docs very much, and i'd
like to see it deployed asap.

--
jörn nettingsmeier

home://germany/45128 essen/lortzingstr. 11/
http://spunk.dnsalias.org
phone://+49/201/491621

Kurt is up in Heaven now.