Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/22 18:25:05 UTC

parametrized number of partitions for topics

Hello Folks,

I would like to create custom partitions for various topics
e.g. topic1 - 100 partitions, topic2 - 10 partitions

I have using this github repository - https://github.com/edenhill/librdkafka

I had posted a similar question:
https://github.com/edenhill/librdkafka/issues/308, but I got to know that
my requirement is not yet supported.

If this information has been updated, or if there is a way we can create
custom number of partitions per topic, please share it here

Thanks,
prabcs

Re: parametrized number of partitions for topics

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
Edenhill's reply actually covers everything:

1) Right now you'll need to use the kafka-topic.sh tool bundled with Kafka.

2) There are future plans to add this capability :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-4+-+Command+line+and+centralized+administrative+operations