Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Vachon <js...@brizodata.com> on 2022/08/22 13:03:24 UTC

Unable to write flowfile content to content repository

Hi all,

I'm running Nifi 1.16.1 in a container and it keeps complaining with the following message. I've never had this problem before.

2022-08-22 12:55:25,199 WARN [Timer-Driven Process Thread-4] o.a.n.c.repository.FileSystemRepository Unable to write flowfile content to content repository container default due to archive file size constraints; waiting for archive cleanup
2022-08-22 12:55:25,276 WARN [Timer-Driven Process Thread-13] o.a.n.c.repository.FileSystemRepository Unable to write flowfile content to content repository container default due to archive file size constraints; waiting for archive cleanup
2022-08-22 12:55:25,672 WARN [Timer-Driven Process Thread-87] o.a.n.c.repository.FileSystemRepository Unable to write flowfile content to content repository container default due to archive file size constraints; waiting for archive cleanup

I tried modifying the values below but it does not seem to help

# Content Repository
nifi.content.repository.implementation=org.apache.nifi.controller.repository.FileSystemRepository
nifi.content.claim.max.appendable.size=1 MB
nifi.content.repository.directory.default=./content_repository
nifi.content.repository.archive.max.retention.period=1 days
nifi.content.repository.archive.max.usage.percentage=50%
nifi.content.repository.archive.enabled=true
nifi.content.repository.always.sync=false
nifi.content.viewer.url=../nifi-content-viewer/

I've been using Nifi for the last four years and never saw this. There are not a lot of data in the flow as the container is part of our dev stack.

[cid:ac50c6eb-81b7-437c-bf6a-540212ef82cf]

What could be the cause of this problem?

thanks

Jean-Sébastien Vachon
ARCHITECT & CO-FOUNDER
[https://brizofoodmet.icns.email/icon/fa-light-16-envelope-666666.png] jsvachon@brizodata.com<ma...@brizodata.com>
[https://brizofoodmet.icns.email/icon/fa-light-16-arrowright-666666.png] brizodata.com<https://brizodata.com> • [LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/brizodata>

[https://brizofoodmet.img.email/images/62a0e8f024ec8.png]<https://brizodata.com>

Re: Unable to write flowfile content to content repository

Posted by Peter Turcsanyi <tu...@apache.org>.
Hi Jean-Sebastien,

Please use 1.16.3 or 1.17.0 versions.
There were some bug fixes affecting the content repo archivation in 1.16.2
([1] NIFI-9993 and [2] NIFI-10023).
If there is a newer patch released for a given minor version, please always
use that one because it may contain other bug fixes and security fixes too.

Regards,
Peter Turcsanyi