Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Prasanna kumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/20 13:07:27 UTC

Flink support for Kafka versions

Hi Flinksters,

We are researching about if we could use the latest version of kafka (2.6.1
or 2.7.0)

Since we are using Flink as a processor , we came across this
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-19168.

It says that it does not support version 2.5.0 and beyond.

That was created 8 months back , just checking if there is any effort on
that front.

Thanks,
Prasanna

Re: Re: Flink support for Kafka versions

Posted by Arvid Heise <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Prasanna,

we cannot backport these changes as they change dependency coordinates.

What I'd recommend you to do is to use the Flink 2_12 dependencies and then
bump Kafka client to 2.8.X in your application jar. That should work in any
case.

Best,

Arvid

Posted by Yun Gao <yu...@aliyun.com>.
Hi Prasanna,

I think the two issues would not be picked back to 1.12.x since they are
all large modification and user-visiable and thus they should be not suitable
to be picked back to the bugfix version. Which scala version are you going to

Posted by Prasanna kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Posted by Arvid Heise <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Austin Cawley-Edwards <au...@gmail.com>.