Posted to user@fineract.apache.org by Nayan Ambali <na...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/06 02:04:12 UTC

[Voting] Does bulk import feature (a.k.a. Data Import Tool) should be part of core platform

Dear Mifos and Fineract users,

Should 'Data Import Tool' be integrated into core platform instead of
maintaining it as separate product? if yes then please upvote.

if you want know more about 'Data Import Tool', please visit
https://github.com/openMF/DataImportTool

Thanks and Regards,
Nayan Ambali
+91 9591996042
skype: nayangambali

Re: [Voting] Does bulk import feature (a.k.a. Data Import Tool) should be part of core platform

Posted by MexinaM Daniel <me...@singo.co.tz>.
Hi all

+1
It will be good for it to be integrated to the Mifos.

Posted by Sander van der Heyden <sa...@musoni.eu>.
Firm +1 from this side as well!

Over time we've made various changes and bugfixes to the older version of
the import tool, which can be found in this fork:
https://github.com/Musoni/DataImportTool. Feel free to let me know if you
want us to send any PR's for this.

I think it would also be good to think a bit about some of the more
'quirky' things in the import tool, such as the lack of some form of
progress bar, and the issues that when a browser or user connection time
out that there is no way to get the re-upload files. I would therefore
suggest to store the files in S3/Local after processing so the user can
fetch back using a processing ID or some form of history. Similar things
can be done for checking progress as well, where the API consumer will get
back a resource ID and that can be used to query for status.

Sander van der Heyden

CTO Musoni Services

Mobile (NL): +31 (0)6 14239505
Skype: s.vdheyden
Website: musonisystem.com
Follow us on Twitter!  <https://twitter.com/musonimfi>
Postal address: Hillegomstraat 12-14, office 0.09, 1058 LS, Amsterdam,
The Netherlands

Posted by Ashok <as...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
+1
It make sense to integrate and keep up to date with platform version.
On Wed, 6 Jul 2016 at 7:34 AM, Nayan Ambali <na...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Mifos and Fineract users,
>
> Should 'Data Import Tool' be integrated into core platform instead of
> maintaining it as separate product? if yes then please upvote.
>
> if you want know more about 'Data Import Tool', please visit
> https://github.com/openMF/DataImportTool
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Nayan Ambali
> +91 9591996042
> skype: nayangambali

Ashok

Sent from mobile device

RE: [Mifos-users] [Voting] Does bulk import feature (a.k.a. Data Import Tool) should be part of core platform

Posted by ayuk etta <et...@gmail.com>.
+1 from this end also

Posted by Nayan Ambali <na...@gmail.com>.
Yes Sander, test cases are ignored, I will try get them green :) mean while
you can send the PR.

Posted by Nayan Ambali <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nayan Ambali <na...@gmail.com>.
Sander,