Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bram Mertens <br...@linux.be> on 2004/02/20 21:43:04 UTC

sa-learn procedure please verify

Hi

After aparantly messing up my previous config I did a complete uninstall
and installed the latest stable version 2.63.

I would like to train SA but before I start I would like to make sure I
don't make any more mistakes.

Here's my setup:
Evolution downloads my mail and stores it in various mbox-files in
~/evolution/
I started spamd as root with the following command:
spamd -d -c -a L &

I test all my mail in evolution with a filter that pipes the message to
`spamc -c` and checks the return code.

I've used the following command to generate a shell script that I'd like
to use to train SA:
find evolution/ -name 'mbox' -exec echo "sa-learn --ham --showdots --no-rebuild --mbox " {} \; > train-sa

Then I manually edited it to include the following lines:
#!/bin/bash -x # on line 1

sa-learn --rebuild # on the last line

I commented out some mbox I don't want processed and edited the command
to:
sa-learn --spam --showdots --no-rebuild --mbox path/to/mbox
for every spam-folder

My first question is: do I have to do anything else before running this
script?  I guess it'll be best if I quit evolution so it won't try to
edit the mbox-files while sa-learn is running.

e.g. do I have to stop the spamd?

My second question is: which user has to run the script?  the mbox-files
are all owned by my regular account (m8ram) but spamd is running as
root.

TIA

Bram
--
# Mertens Bram "M8ram"   <br...@linux.be>     Linux User #249103 #
# SuSE Linux 8.2 (i586) kernel 2.4.20-4GB      i686                256MB RAM #