Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Yakubovich, Alexey" <Al...@searshc.com> on 2014/11/22 19:45:54 UTC

building Apache Hadoop (main, Tez)

Hi,

I am trying to learn how to build  couple of projects Apache Hadoop distribution, particularly:

1. The Hadoop-min project

https://github.com/apache/hadoop  => hadoop-mapreduce-projct  => hadoop-mapreduce-examples
groupID org.apache.hadoop
artifactID hadoop-main

2. Tez project

http://tez.apache.org/install_pre_0_5_0.html - tez
groupID org.apache.tez
artifactID tez

Now, I spent quite some time, no success yet.
Is ip possible at all, of you suppose to use Cloudera (5) or HDP (2.1)?

It seems that you should keep a particular order in building sub-modules ….

Thank you for any help

Alexey

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.

Re: building Apache Hadoop (main, Tez)

Posted by Tomás Fernández Pena <tf...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexey

In
https://bitacoras.citius.usc.es/tecnologia/2014/06/05/hadoop-para-64-bits/
the steps to compile from source Hadoop r2.4.0 in CentOS 6.5 64 bits are
shown. The description is in spanish, but I think you can easily follow
the steps.

Cheers

Tomas

Posted by Tomás Fernández Pena <tf...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexey

Posted by Tomás Fernández Pena <tf...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexey

Posted by Tomás Fernández Pena <tf...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexey

Posted by Leonid Fedotov <lf...@hortonworks.com>.
Alexey,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: building Apache Hadoop (main, Tez)

Posted by "Yakubovich, Alexey" <Al...@searshc.com>.
Hitesh,

Thank you, with this your help I successfully build both hadoop-mail and
tez projects from Apache.

On the way I of course should have fixed protoc Š..

Thank you again
Alexey

Posted by "Yakubovich, Alexey" <Al...@searshc.com>.
Hitesh,

Posted by "Yakubovich, Alexey" <Al...@searshc.com>.
Hitesh,

Posted by "Yakubovich, Alexey" <Al...@searshc.com>.
Hitesh,

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Hi Alexey,

Would you mind sharing details on the issues that you are facing?

For both hadoop and tez, refer to the respective BUILDING.txt as it contains some basic information on required tools to build the project ( maven, protoc, etc ).

For hadoop, you should just need to run “mvn install -DskipTests” at the very top of the source tree.
For tez, modify the top-level pom.xml to set hadoop.version to the version of hadoop that you just compiled ( from the previous step ) and then run “mvn install -DskipTests”

Posted by Leonid Fedotov <lf...@hortonworks.com>.
Alexey,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE