Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Yan Bai <ba...@d.umn.edu> on 2014/11/05 03:18:31 UTC

Problem of adding XenServer host with only one NIC

Hello everyone,

I am new to CloudStack and recently I am trying add two XenServers to
CloudStack.

According to document there are three steps:
1. Management Network bonding
2. Add additional server to pool
3. Execute cloud-setup-bonding.sh

My question is because that my hosts have only one NIC, do I still need to
bond NIC?

Thanks,
Yan

Re: Problem of adding XenServer host with only one NIC

Posted by Tomasz Chendynski <To...@polcom.com.pl>.
Hi Yan,

please look at this:

Regards
Tomek

Od:	Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>
Do:	"<us...@cloudstack.apache.org>" <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Data:	2014-11-05 09:47
Temat:	Re: Problem of adding XenServer host with only one NIC

You can definitely use a single NIC

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603
0540<tel:+442036030540> | M: +447968161581<tel:+447968161581>

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> |
www.shapeblue.com<htp://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@cloudstackguru<
https://twitter.com/#!/cloudstackguru>

ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N
4HS<x-apple-data-detectors://5>

On 5 Nov 2014, at 08:12, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com<
mailto:outbackdingo@gmail.com>> wrote:

Im not so sure thats a correct statement, I was under the impression to use
XEN you needed 2 nics, one for management one for traffic....

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com<
mailto:pdion@cloudops.com>> wrote:

Hi Yan,

That's fine to have only one NIC on XenServer, as long as is name is the
same as the "XenServer traffic Label" in CloudStack.

Pierre-Luc

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 9:18 PM, Yan Bai <baixx195@d.umn.edu<
mailto:baixx195@d.umn.edu>> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am new to CloudStack and recently I am trying add two XenServers to
CloudStack.

According to document there are three steps:
1. Management Network bonding
2. Add additional server to pool
3. Execute cloud-setup-bonding.sh

My question is because that my hosts have only one NIC, do I still need
bond NIC?

Thanks,
Yan

IaaS Cloud Design & Build<
http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
CloudStack Infrastructure Support<
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a
company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue
Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil
and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is
a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under
license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Zarejestrowana w Sądzie Rejonowym dla Krakowa —Śródmieścia w Krakowie,  XI
Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego pod numerem 0000087639. NIP
677-10-16-284, wysokość kapitału zakładowego: 400.000,00 zł.

Wiadomość ta jest przeznaczona jedynie dla osoby lub podmiotu będącego jej
adresatem i może zawierać poufne lub uprzywilejowane informacje. Zakazane
jest przeglądanie, przesyłanie, rozpowszechnianie lub inne wykorzystywanie
tych informacji, jak również podejmowanie działań na ich podstawie, przez
osoby lub podmioty inne niż zamierzony adresat. Jeśli otrzymali Państwo tę
wiadomość przez pomyłkę, prosimy o  poinformowanie nadawcy i usunięcie jej
z komputera.

which it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please
notify the sender and delete the material from your computer.

Re: Problem of adding XenServer host with only one NIC

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 9:18 PM, Yan Bai <ba...@d.umn.edu>> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am new to CloudStack and recently I am trying add two XenServers to
CloudStack.

According to document there are three steps:
1. Management Network bonding
2. Add additional server to pool
3. Execute cloud-setup-bonding.sh

My question is because that my hosts have only one NIC, do I still need
bond NIC?

Thanks,
Yan

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Problem of adding XenServer host with only one NIC

Posted by Outback Dingo <ou...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.
Hi Yan,