Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by li...@ecommony.com on 2000/06/25 15:35:14 UTC

schema doesn't appear to work for me ??

Hello

I've been trying to validate a file using schema and xerces 1.1.2 but to no
avail.

Here is the beggining of my schema:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd=" http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema
<http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema> ">
        <xsd:group>
                <xsd:element name="data" type="dataType"/>
        </xsd:group>
        <xsd:complexType name="dataType">
                <xsd:group>
                        <xsd:sequence>
                                <xsd:element name="sender"
type="senderType"/>
                                <xsd:element name="transactions"
type="transactionsType"/>
                                <xsd:element name="data_result"
type="data_resultType"/>
                        </xsd:sequence>
                </xsd:group>
                <xsd:attribute name="version" type="xsd:integer"/>
        </xsd:complexType>  ...

Here is the beggining of my XML:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<data version="1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://lior:7001/p2cschema.xsd">
 <sender>
  <name>Pay2Card</name>
  <mpid>10060201503PAY253003</mpid>
 </sender>
 <transactions>

And finally here's the relevant piece of my java code:
    DOMParser parser = new DOMParser();
    parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation",true);
    parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces",true);

parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema",true);

    parser.parse(xmlFile);     ...

When i run this, i get a printing of [Error] attribute version not found in
element type data

even though there is a version attribute in the xml and in the schema. If i
remove from the schema all the namespace declarations(xsd:) then this error
dissapears and no other errors occur, even if i plant errors in the xml that
should be picked up by the schema validator

Please, does somebody know what i'm doing wrong ??

Thankyou, Lior Shapira
lior@ecommony.com <ma...@ecommony.com>

Re: schema doesn't appear to work for me ??

Posted by Eric Ye <er...@locus.apache.org>.
Would you mind post the complete schema and xml document?
_____

Eric Ye * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * ericye@locus.apache.org