Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Yabo-Arber Xu <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/07 15:21:02 UTC

Again, HBase Data Lost!!

Hi there,

I had a hbase data lost couple of days ago due to the crash of HBase. At
that time i asked on the list and was told that it may be due to the lost of
META data on the master ( not flushed into disk during crash ). Just several
days after, this happened to me again, this time all the data is gone, while
all the tables are still there.  This time is on a 10-node hbase cluster.

I checked the log but did not find anything strange. Could anybody shed a
light on this? Given such stability, i really worried whether we can use it
in production phase.

Best,
Arber

Re: Again, HBase Data Lost!!

Posted by Yabo-Arber Xu <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi J-D,

Thanks for your reply. We have a 10-node cluster installed with HBase/Hadoop
0.19.1. We wrote about 1.8M records into HBase, and it appeared fine. We can
use 'count' on shell to get the number. But after a while ( not sure exactly
when ) all nodes crashed right away. I checked the log and but did not find
anything particular at that moment. When I restart it again, all the rows in
the tables are lost but the tables are still there.

I have difficulty to connect IRC channel now ( will try it later ). For now,
I shared the master's log
here<http://cid-c31c56409ed94abd.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Summba/hbase-cloudadmin-master-A6.log.2009-06-07>,
and the crash happens before the line "18:46:54 CST Starting master on A6".
You would notice that the period from "2009-06-07 17:00:57" to "2009-06-07
18:46:54" is empty ( due to the crash).

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Arber

Re: Again, HBase Data Lost!!

Posted by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>.
If the region servers are dying then there logs are more likely to be
helpful then the master.

Billy

"Yabo-Arber Xu" <yx...@summba.com> wrote in
message news:382e1efc0906072003i9ea9733h5ab51ce12a370d5@mail.gmail.com...