Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Bryan Beaudreault <bb...@hubspot.com> on 2012/11/09 06:47:53 UTC

Status string not displaying in jobtracker

Hello,

I am running cdh4.1 (2.0.0-mr1), and my jobs seem to be working fine,
except for 2 small problems:

1) Status strings never show up in the jobtracker
2) Built-In counters, such as the ones in the "Map-Reduce Framework" group,
show counts in the totals column but the Map and Reduce columns all show 0.
 User-defined counters seem to work fine.

The same jobs compiled and running on cdh3 work fine.

Any idea why this is happening or how to fix it?  For the status I am just
calling the context.setStatus() function.  I also have a feeling
context.progress() may not be working as well but haven't proven yet.

Thanks,

Bryan

Re: Status string not displaying in jobtracker

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Bryan,

This may be a CDH-specific issue, so am moving it to the CDH users
list (cdh-user@cloudera.org at
https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/cdh-user).

--
Harsh J

Re: Status string not displaying in jobtracker

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Bryan,

--
Harsh J

Re: Status string not displaying in jobtracker

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Bryan,

--
Harsh J

Re: Status string not displaying in jobtracker

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Bryan,

--
Harsh J