Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mariusz Wójcik <wo...@okno.pw.edu.pl> on 2004/06/21 10:45:32 UTC

Browser's "Back" button problem in Portal Engine

Hi
I'm using portal engine, and I have problem with "BACK" browser button.
When I try to do navigation by using links, which are generated by Portal
Engine, everything is OK. When user uses BACK button, Portal Engine reacts
in very strange way. I think, that site, which is being got from history,
should be reloaded, but I am not sure.
Do you have any solution for this?

regards
mario

Re: Browser's "Back" button problem in Portal Engine

Posted by Simon Hutchinson <si...@misgl.com>.
Mariusz Wójcik wrote:

> Hi
> I'm using portal engine, and I have problem with "BACK" browser button.
> When I try to do navigation by using links, which are generated by
> Portal Engine, everything is OK. When user uses BACK button, Portal
> Engine reacts in very strange way. I think, that site, which is being
> got from history, should be reloaded, but I am not sure.
> Do you have any solution for this?
>
> regards
> mario

Hi Mario,

I believe that this is by design when using the portal-event-link
transformer. When the user clicks back, there is no way of knowing
whether the events are still valid and hence the "strange" behaviour.

You might find this thread useful
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg11371.html

Some possible solutions are.

1. Remove back button functionality from your portal.

2. Depending on your requirements it might be possible that you are
using the portal block simply as a framework ie for layout etc ...
In this case it is possible to bypass the event-link-transformer and to
use bookmarks instead.

Si

--

Merlin Information Systems Limited,

Merlin House, Gawcott Road, Buckingham, United Kingdom. MK18 1TN

Tel: +44 (0) 1280 824331  Fax: +44 (0) 1280 824112

http://www.misgl.com

Provider of IT Services and Online Portal Support Services.

Confidentiality:

The information contained in this email (including any attachments) is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee. Access, copying or re-use of the information in it by any other person is not authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail to admin@misgl.com

*** This mail has been scanned for viruses ***