Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by sijusuresh <si...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/23 16:49:42 UTC

Using One Grid for Web Session management and ClusterSingleton

I'm using ignite for web session Management by implementing
IgniteWebSessionFilter. Now the grid instance created in
IgniteWebSessionFilter needs to be referred in a Spring bean. Can i get the
reference of this instance in a Spring bean and use it for initializing a
cluster singleton service.

Is this the right approach or do we have a way to use same grid and
different cache for Web session management and a cluster singleton service.

Re: Using One Grid for Web Session management and ClusterSingleton

Posted by sijusuresh <si...@gmail.com>.
I got this fixed. This was an issue with lazy loading of spring bean.
I really love these features of clusterSingleton and WebSessionFilter, two
really good stuffs which fit in for my use-cases. Thanks a Lot.

Re: Using One Grid for Web Session management and ClusterSingleton

Posted by sijusuresh <si...@gmail.com>.
I'm not trying to get access to web sessions.
I created an Ignite instance in a spring bean and deployed a
clusterSignleTon service.
Now in WebSessoinFilter i want to use the same Ignite instance created in
Spring bean.
I tried to refer using Ignition.ignite(name), but getting null.

My intention is to have one ignite node created and have two cache, one for
web session and one for clusterSingleton

Re: Using One Grid for Web Session management and ClusterSingleton

Posted by afedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

What for do you want to obtain a reference to the WebSession cache?
Web session clustering is designed to be transparent to the user.
If you need to store something else in a cache then just create an
additional cache suited just for your needs.
Sharing web sessions cache for other entities is not a good approach.

Kind regards,
Alex.