Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Chan, Charles" <Ch...@CIBC.ca> on 2003/01/13 17:09:58 UTC

WINDOWS: xdocs problem...

another windows specific problem. This one relates to the xdoc plugin and I
have no idea how to fix it...

The self-defined tag "performJSL" (line 108) creates two patterns
(fromPattern, and toPattern) for file name transformation. The "fromPattern"
uses "${srcdir}" as part of the pattern. If maven.gen.docs is not defined,
srcdir defaults to <projectHome>/target/generated-xdocs. In Windows, the
drive letter in my project home is lower case, e.g. "c:/"

Unfortunately, fileScanner (line 119) returns path name which uses capital
case drive letter, e.g. "C:/".

This causes the mapper.mapFileName (line 138) to fail because "c:/" doesn't
match to "C:/" and thus ${outFile} is a null string.

I can workaround this problem by defining maven.gen.docs to "C:/...." but
this should probably be fixed.

(line number might not be exact as I have been doing some debugging to reach
this conclusion)

Thanks
Charles

Re: WINDOWS: xdocs problem...

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Yep, Alexei and I have both been bitten by this one.

Can you raise it as an issue in Jira, Charles?

That way it wont get missed.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au