Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@apache.org> on 2019/12/12 18:32:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.10.0 (RC1)

Hello All,

         Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC1 as the
official Qpid Dispatch Router version  1.10.0.

RC1 of Qpid Dispatch Router version 1.10.0 can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.10.0-rc1/

The following features, improvements, and bug fixes are introduced in 1.10.0:

Features -
    DISPATCH-1441 - optparse python library deprecated, migrate to argparse
    DISPATCH-1442 - Add a metadata field to the router management entity
    DISPATCH-1463 - Detect deliveries that are stuck in the router for
a long time
    DISPATCH-1467 - Add build option to enable Address Sanitizer build (ASAN)

Improvements -
    DISPATCH-1186 - qdstat to include csv output format
    DISPATCH-1358 - Port console to patternfly 4 / React
    DISPATCH-1369 - Update console dependencies to avoid npm security warnings
    DISPATCH-1399 - Allow arrows on console's topology page to be disabled
    DISPATCH-1409 - Update qdstat -l output to include the current credit
    DISPATCH-1411 - Add timestamp and router name to header of qdstat output
    DISPATCH-1412 - Policy C code performance issue:  reload python
module for each call
    DISPATCH-1416 - Policy log could include denial counts on connection close
    DISPATCH-1419 - Add status to connector mgmt schema
    DISPATCH-1427 - Allow policy to define user (group) specific
connection limits
    DISPATCH-1434 - Add new attribute saslPasswordFile to the connector entity
    DISPATCH-1438 - Have ctest parse the routers debug dump files for
memory pool leaks
    DISPATCH-1439 - Expose create time/last transfer time through the
Connection management entity
    DISPATCH-1440 - Deprecate the passwordFile field in sslProfile and
consolidate all password scenarios to use  the password field
    DISPATCH-1445 - Update saslPassword attribute in connector entity
to use openssl style prefixes
    DISPATCH-1446 - system_tests_qdmanage failing on test_get_log
    DISPATCH-1450 - Add build option to enable thread sanitizer build
    DISPATCH-1454 - system_tests_one_router failing due to changes in
qpid-proton
    DISPATCH-1455 - Two system tests failing after optparse to
argparse migration
    DISPATCH-1465 - system_tests_policy.test_verify_z_connection_stats fails
    DISPATCH-1466 - flake8 errors in system_test.py
    DISPATCH-1471 - [test] When string comparison asserts fail the
strings are not printed
    DISPATCH-1480 - Address Sanitizer leak in system_tests_multi_phase
    DISPATCH-1491 - bottleneck adding or removing addresses in mobile
address engine
    DISPATCH-1500 - inefficiencies in handling large MAU messages
    DISPATCH-1507 - Don't collapse small number of edge routers and
clients into single circle
    DISPATCH-1516 - Trace log the peer delivery id and link id when
linking and unlinking peers

Bug fixes -
    DISPATCH-1172 - Link routes and auto links activated on wrong
connections if many route-container conns exist
    DISPATCH-1258 - Crash executing http test
    DISPATCH-1377 - system_tests_topology_disposition failing on
machine with python3 only
    DISPATCH-1418 - The default forwarding treatment is not overridden
by the treatment in the address configuration
    DISPATCH-1421 - Attaching link to unavailable address sets source
address to null in attach reply
    DISPATCH-1423 - Multicast sender with no receiver has first 250
messages released
    DISPATCH-1426 - Repetitive receiver fail over causes memory leak
    DISPATCH-1428 - route connection not indexed by 'connection' field
of connector
    DISPATCH-1431 - system_tests_one_router_failing on
test_19_semantics_multicast
    DISPATCH-1433 - system_tests_delivery_abort failing due to
receiver connecting late
    DISPATCH-1443 - Unable to run ctest on Centos 8
    DISPATCH-1453 - Adding "defaultDistribution: unavailable"
overrides the regular handling of transaction coordinator link refusal
    DISPATCH-1460 - Router control messages for local subscribers hang
in Q2 holdoff
    DISPATCH-1461 - Crashed router due to terminus address overflow
    DISPATCH-1462 - [policy] Test for IPv6 leaves socket open
    DISPATCH-1468 - out-of-bounds array access in qd_entity_refresh_connector
    DISPATCH-1473 - [test] test_command fail on python 2.7
    DISPATCH-1474 - Console message path skips one router hop
    DISPATCH-1475 - Seg fault in qdr_link_cleanup_CT after 12,400+ connections
    DISPATCH-1476 - [tools] New proton logging breaks Scraper
    DISPATCH-1477 - Crash router by deleting authServicePlugin entity
through management call
    DISPATCH-1481 - Multicast producers should block on credit until
consumers are present
    DISPATCH-1483 - Link counters for dispositions are not incremented
for outgoing links
    DISPATCH-1485 - qdstat --limit 0 seems to cause infinit loop
    DISPATCH-1488 - link-routed transaction coordination broken due to
'declared' state truncation
    DISPATCH-1492 - Router asserts when client connects to edge listener
    DISPATCH-1493 - qdstat test_address_priority fails by issuing false positive
    DISPATCH-1496 - router can grant extra credit during drain of a
link-routed receiver
    DISPATCH-1498 - Skip SASL tests if Cyrus library is not available
    DISPATCH-1499 - Policy settings objects should be in managed pool
    DISPATCH-1512 - python checker failing due to wrong variable name
    DISPATCH-1514 - Dynamically turning on trace logging via qdmanage
does not turn proton frame tracing on existing connections
    DISPATCH-1517 - delivery count is not incremented for undeliverable messages
    DISPATCH-1521 - qdstat man page -l column header for "dev" is wrong

Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.10.0 (RC1)

Posted by Ernest Allen <ea...@redhat.com>.
+1

Built on Fedora 29
Ran tests
Started a couple of routers
Verified the console runs

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 9:04 AM Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12/12/2019 6:32 pm, Ganesh Murthy wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> >           Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC1 as the
> > official Qpid Dispatch Router version  1.10.0.
> >
> > RC1 of Qpid Dispatch Router version 1.10.0 can be found here:
> >
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.10.0-rc1/
>
> +1
>
> verified hash and signature, built  from source including all tests[1],
> ran appropriate python examples against it, ran qdstat from 1.9.0
> against it.
>

> [1] had a console test failure but suspect that is an environmental/test
> issue not an issue with the router itself:
>
> > 55: Test command: /usr/bin/python
> "/home/gordon/releases/dispatch/1.10.0/build/tests/run.py" "-m" "unittest"
> "-v" "system_tests_console"
> > 55: Test timeout computed to be: 600
> > 55: test_console (system_tests_console.ConsoleTest) ... FAIL
> > 55:
> > 55: Router B debug dump file:
> > 55: alloc.c: Items of type 'qd_timer_t' remain allocated at shutdown: 1
> > 55: alloc.c: Items of type 'qd_listener_t' remain allocated at shutdown:
> 2
> > 55:
> > 55: Router A debug dump file:
> > 55: alloc.c: Items of type 'qd_timer_t' remain allocated at shutdown: 1
> > 55: alloc.c: Items of type 'qd_listener_t' remain allocated at shutdown:
> 3
> > 55:
> > 55:
> > 55: FAIL: test_console (system_tests_console.ConsoleTest)
> > 55:
> > 55: Traceback (most recent call last):
> > 55:   File
> "/home/gordon/releases/dispatch/1.10.0/qpid-dispatch-1.10.0/tests/system_test.py",
> line 784, in wrap
> > 55:     return f(*args, **kwargs)
> > 55:   File
> "/home/gordon/releases/dispatch/1.10.0/qpid-dispatch-1.10.0/tests/system_tests_console.py",
> line 145, in test_console
> > 55:     self.run_console_test()
> > 55:   File
> "/home/gordon/releases/dispatch/1.10.0/qpid-dispatch-1.10.0/tests/system_tests_console.py",
> line 139, in run_console_test
> > 55:     "console test exit status %d, output:\n%s" % (pret, out)
> > 55: AssertionError: console test exit status 254, output:
> > 55: npm ERR! path /home/gordon/package.json
> > 55: npm ERR! code ENOENT
> > 55: npm ERR! errno -2
> > 55: npm ERR! syscall open
> > 55: npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open
> '/home/gordon/package.json'
> > 55: npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.

Ernest Allen

Principal Software Engineer

Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com>
<https://red.ht/sig>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.10.0 (RC1)

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Ben Hardesty <bh...@redhat.com>.
+1

Verified the checksum, built on F30, and ran all the tests.

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 1:39 PM Ganesh Murthy <gm...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
>     DISPATCH-1488 - link-routed transaction coordination broken due to
> 'declared' state truncation
>     DISPATCH-1492 - Router asserts when client connects to edge listener
>     DISPATCH-1493 - qdstat test_address_priority fails by issuing false
> positive
>     DISPATCH-1496 - router can grant extra credit during drain of a
> link-routed receiver
>     DISPATCH-1498 - Skip SASL tests if Cyrus library is not available
>     DISPATCH-1499 - Policy settings objects should be in managed pool
>     DISPATCH-1512 - python checker failing due to wrong variable name
>     DISPATCH-1514 - Dynamically turning on trace logging via qdmanage
> does not turn proton frame tracing on existing connections
>     DISPATCH-1517 - delivery count is not incremented for undeliverable
> messages
>     DISPATCH-1521 - qdstat man page -l column header for "dev" is wrong

Ben Hardesty

Senior Technical Writer, Customer Content Services

Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com/>

<https://red.ht/sig>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.10.0 (RC1)

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 4:58 PM Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com> wrote:

> -1 A segfault has been identified.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-1523

This segfault has been introduced by the fix for DISPATCH-1516 and does not
exist in the previously released v1.9.0. This crash can be easily and
consistently reproduced and must be fixed.
I am voting -1 and canceling this vote.

I will put up an RC2 as soon as we have a fix for this issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks.

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.