Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/01 07:03:37 UTC

Re: Difference between "id" and "id-ne" field type

I don't have the historical context, so please excuse if I'm off.

My recommendation is to reintroduce the validation attribute. However! the
validation IMO should happen at the entity engine level, not the database
level (for not null), and also the default value should be false if
omitted. We also need to think of the design in respect of the validation
attributes and how they apply.

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks, Jacques :)

That elucidates it quite well now.

Thanks & Regards,
Aditya Sharma
Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/

      <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-sharma-78291810a/>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Aditya,

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Please Aditya create a Jira for that.

Something I forgot to clearly mention. When replacing id-ne alike fields by id alike we should add the "not-null" attribute.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1