Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jerome Pimmel <je...@enigmatec.net> on 2006/01/16 20:18:48 UTC

Advice on templating

All

I am relatively new to the Tapestry model (although am an old hand at
web/servlets) and have made some good progress with the framework.

I have a question regarding good practice and the refinement of my approach.

I have constructed a page which builds itself by inline-ing other blocks of
HTML into it, ie:

For all the named Components above, I have made a correcponding .jwc file.
However, each .jwc file contains the same content, ie:

<!DOCTYPE component-specification PUBLIC "-//Apache Software
Foundation//Tapestry Specification 4.0//EN"
  "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_0.dtd">

<component-specification
	allow-body="yes"
	allow-informal-parameters="no">
</component-specification>

Each .jwdc component has a corresponding .html file, containing some html

It occurred to me that my lack of understanding is to blame for the
duplication and that surely there is a concise, non-duplicating, way in
which I can specify as many components as I'd like with separate HTML but
which all share the same .jwc contents (in principle at least)

How would one go about reducing this to something sensible?

I've not found a great deal of documentation that speaks to different
templating models/patterns which would be of interest to people. Does anyone
know of any such resources?

Regards

Jerome

Re: Advice on templating

Posted by Raul Raja Martinez <do...@estudiowebs.com>.
You can go specless with pages just having the .java and the html file
with no .page at all but I'm not positive if this is possible in components.

Raul Raja.

Re: Advice on templating

Posted by Paul Cantrell <ca...@pobox.com>.