Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Juergen Ebert <ju...@web.de> on 2004/02/29 15:49:33 UTC

Proxy objects for nonexisting references

Hi all,

I've just changed my application to using dynamic proxies and I noticed
some unexpected behaviour: even if a foreign key attribute is 0, OJB
instantiates a proxy object (with 0 as primary key value). So all the
existing tests that expect a null value if this reference does not exist
now fail. To do the same test I now have to check the foreign key field
for 0, but that field should better not appear in the interface. Is this
by design or is there a way to change this?

Juergen