Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Tobias Bockrath <tb...@web-computing.de> on 2015/04/15 10:05:14 UTC

Use Zeppelin with Hortonworks HDP 2.2

Hi, is it possible to use Zeppelin with  Hortonworks HDP 2.2? I Build
Zeppelin with "mvn clean package -Pspark-1.3 -Dhadoop.version=2.4.0
-Phadoop-2.4 -Pyarn -DskipTests". The Zeppelin Daemon starts fine, but isnt
able to connect to yarn because of a bad substitution Exception. The
Hortonworks Article (
http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/using-apache-spark-hdp/) explaines
how to use HDP 2.2 with Spark 1.3. You have to create a file called
"spark-defaults.conf " and add some settings to it. That worked fine too.
So is there a similar way to use Zeppelin with HDP?

Re: Use Zeppelin with Hortonworks HDP 2.2

Posted by Ram Venkatesh <rv...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello Tobias,

It will be possible to do so as soon as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-33 is resolved. For now I have created a build that includes the PR for ZEPPELIN-33 and posted instructions on how to do this at https://github.com/RamVenkatesh/zeppelin-notes/wiki/Configuring-Zeppelin. You are welcome to try it out and let us know how it goes.

Ram