Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Jakub Herkel <jh...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/27 17:56:36 UTC

Confusing bundle status

Hi,

I tried karaf 4.3.0 and I have simple bundle (for testing) that
contains one declarative service
that throws a runtime exception from its init method (via @Activate
annotations).
When I tried to start this bundle I could see different outputs for
state from different commands :
1) list displays Waiting (column State)
2) bundle:status displays Active
3) bundle:diag displays Status: Waiting

Outputs from 1 and 3 come from internal karaf BundleState
and output from 2 comes from bundle.getState(). So it isn't same state
but I think outputs from points 2 and 3 are little bit confusing when
status is once Waiting and then Active another time.
Maybe there can be better wording for output so that the end user knew
where the information comes from.

Jakub

Re: Confusing bundle status

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Jakub,

From a bundle standpoint, the bundle is active, but from a SCR standpoint, it’s waiting/failed.

I agree that’s it’s confusing and it should be improved.

We already have a Jira about that: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-6770 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-6770>

I will improve this but not for 4.3.1 (which almost ready to vote), most probably for 4.3.2.

Regards
JB