Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kartik Singh <ka...@giveter.com> on 2015/01/10 10:12:52 UTC

Kafka broker shutting down after running fine for 1-2 hours

Hello,
We have just started using kafka. Our test setup consists of a single
partition. We have integrated kafka to our system successfully with the
help of sample Producer example and Low-level Consumer example. The kafka
broker and zookeeper are both running with default configurations.
The setup works fine for coupe of hours and then it just shuts down, Is
there some shutdown on idle property in config file that prompts the
shutdown. How can I prevent it from shutting down, Any help would be highly
appreciated.

Link to StackOverFlow Question
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27873292/kafka-server-shutting-down-abruptly>
Logs <https://gist.github.com/kartiksingh/6db4b6548f2eb91ef0b6>

Regards
Kartik

Re: Kafka broker shutting down after running fine for 1-2 hours

Posted by Manikumar Reddy <ku...@nmsworks.co.in>.
Sorry.. i missed your link.

Posted by Manikumar Reddy <ku...@nmsworks.co.in>.
Are you running kafka as a non-daemon process?
If yes, there is a chance process getting killed, if we close terminal.

Posted by Manikumar Reddy <ku...@nmsworks.co.in>.